About the Professional Band Mentoring
Consistently at the cutting edge of music education and rock performance, Rock Guru in School Rock Band Training gives Guitarists, Singers, Drummers, Bassists, and Keyboard players the ability to find and form a band, and then take their playing to the next level with a focus on performance based learning, and interactive team work. Many students from our parent programme School of Rock have gone on to work successfully in careers as performers, sound engineers, and event management and teaching roles in the music industry both nationally and internationally. Our commitment to teen musicians is that we will teach them "what comes next", and use our internationally recognized syllabus to both improve their playing, while bonding as friends and band mates in the excitement and adrenaline that live performance always provides. Our programmes have been designed to foster NZ's next generation of music industry leaders. Join us by booking a no obligation, stress free audition today!
Band Programme (Ages 12 to 18)
- Bands formed based on skill level, musical interests and age
- Enrollment by audition
- Music industry mentors as teachers
- Weekly rehearsals (1 and a half hours)
- Professionally-run gigs
- Original songwriting
- Recording and mixing
- Performance skills
- Exposure to music industry - whether serious or just for fun
- Exclusive workshops & masterclasses
- National touring (selected advanced bands)
- Preferential enrollment for Rockcamp
- Lots of performance opportunities, with 56 gigs staged in 2011!
School Holiday Programmes (Ages 10 to 16)
- Rock Band - A 4-day introduction to our year-long band programme, complete with professional gig.
- Various Mini-workshops (Sound engineering, Beginning Drums, Glee, Songwriting, "30 Hours of Rock").
RockCamp NZ (Ages 13 to 19)
Run in December each year, at the end of the school year.
- Annual week-long intensive Rockcamp for experienced players
- Meet and jam with other up-and-coming musicians from all around NZ!
- Limited enrollment.
- Attend as an individual or as a band.
- Top NZ bands and musicians performing and teaching.
Learn to play this instrument:
Learn to play the Professional Band Mentoring by connecting with one of our Independent MusiqHub teachers.I want to learn this!
Available From Our Store
Ashton Bass Guitar with Bag
Package includes gig bag, strap, and cable. Best suited to 11 years plus.
Colours: Black Trans Dark Blue Tobacco Sunburst
Electronic Drum Kit
This Ashton electronic drum kit is a brilliant alternative for a traditional kit.
Currently out of stock.