We value your privacy!
MusiqHub Limited and our franchisees (we, us or our) are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of the personal information of you and your child (you, your).
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will only collect personal information relevant to our business relationship with you. The personal information we collect will generally include:
- your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, credit card details;
- information about your use of our products and services;
- your child’s name, age, gender, school year, and classroom details;
- any information provided by you in our sign-up form in relation to your child’s special needs (including medical needs), or if there are any persons who are not authorised to collect your child; and
- information collected in the course of providing the products and services (including by taking photos and videos of your child in the course of their lesson, if you have consented to this at the time of signing up to our services).
You may choose to not provide us with this information, but not doing so may affect our ability to provide you with our products and services.
We will collect this information directly from you when you:
- register to use our products and services;
- use our products and services; or
- communicate or interact with us, whether by email, telephone or otherwise.
The credit card details you provide when registering for our services cannot be accessed by our staff, and are not stored by us. Your credit card details are encrypted and securely stored by Windcave Limited for the purposes of subscription billing services. You are required to keep us informed of changes to your information to enable us to have proper administrative processes.
We may also collect aggregated information generated by our system, which tracks your use of our products and services but does not identify you personally.
Our website uses server logs and web analytic tools (such as “cookies”). Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your device by websites that you visit. When you use our website, these tools collect information such as the browser and operating system that you use, the internet protocol address of the device you use to access the site, search terms, your location and the content that you view when visiting the website.
You can set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our website, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. If you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your personal information to:
- identify you, so we can ensure that your account is secure
- provide our products and services to you
- communicate with you
- carry out our business which includes maintaining your account, planning, training, product development, research and analysis
- enforce our agreement with you in any way
- fulfil our legal requirements (for example, disclosure to law enforcement agencies or the courts)
- or for any related purpose in connection with the above.
We may use any information that we collect from you that is not personal information (so you cannot be personally identified from it) for our business purposes, including:
- to assess how our customers use our products and services
- to improve our products and services
- for marketing and promotional purposes.
We may use your information to offer you products and services that we believe meet your needs. You can notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will act promptly on any such request.
WHO WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO
We may disclose information we retain about you, including your personal information, to the following persons or their agents:
- our employees, contractors, franchisees, and our other related entities;
- schools participating in our programmes;
- third parties engaged by us to perform specific functions for our business, such as credit card payment providers,
- service providers engaged by us, such as data storage, IT and software management,
- Government departments or law enforcement agencies (including the Police);
- liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer your financial affairs; and
- debt collection services or credit reporting agencies.
Some of the persons listed above may be located overseas. We will only transfer your personal information to a recipient that is obliged to protect your personal information with comparable safeguards to those contained in the Privacy Act 2020, or otherwise we will obtain your express consent to transfer or store the personal information.
We may disclose, sell or transfer to third parties any non-personal, aggregated information that we collect from you and our other customers.
USE OF YOUR CHILD'S PERSONAL INFORMATION IN OUR COMMUNICATIONS
If you have ticked the relevant box(es) on the sign up page giving us consent, we may also share your child’s personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- including your child’s name and photo, and information about their participation in our services, in our regular communications with parents and teachers (such as weekly emails, and newsletters);
- sharing video footage of your child filmed in the course of their lesson with us with our other MusiqHub franchisees, to assist with teacher training and development; and
- including photos and/or videos of your child on our Facebook page (and other MusiqHub facebook pages operated by our franchisees), as part of our regular communications about our products and services.
You can email us at any time at email@example.com to remove your consent for your child’s image to be used in this way.
YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure and confidential. This includes the following:
- only our staff, our franchisees, and those who perform services on our behalf, and are authorised to handle your information, will have access to your personal information;
- we will not retain any of your information for any longer than it is required by us except to fulfil our legal obligations or where you have consented; and
- we will, with your help, keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date.
ADVERTISING AND THIRD PARTY LINKS
YOU HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can access most of the personal information we hold about you and request corrections. This right is subject to some exceptions, for example, you may not obtain access to information relating to existing or anticipated legal proceedings.
You can request access to your information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at MusiqHub, PO Box 128156, Remuera, Auckland 1541. This service is free unless the information you request requires significant research or preparation time. Before we act upon requests of this nature, we will tell you how much this service will cost.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK WE HAVE MADE AN ERROR
We are committed to protecting your privacy and our policies, processes and systems have been developed with this in mind. However, if you think we have made an error, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at MusiqHub, PO Box 128156, Remuera, Auckland 1541 to let us know. Where we have made an error, we will endeavour to correct the error as soon as reasonably practicable.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
If you have a question or complaint about the way we have dealt with your personal information, please contact us by email or in writing at the addresses above. We will endeavour to respond promptly to your question or complaint.
BREACHES OF YOUR PRIVACY
We take our privacy responsibilities seriously. In the unlikely event that a suspected or actual breach of your personal data occurs, we will investigate the breach. We will notify you and the Privacy Commissioner if we reasonably believe that the breach has caused you serious harm, or is likely to cause you serious harm.
CHANGES TO POLICY
We may change this policy at any time by publishing the amended policy on our website. We will endeavour to inform you of any changes to the policy by email or on the website.